Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Scene 12

Scene 12 part a
Setting: open fields with sheep

people:
Lucia
Francisco
Jacinta

Sr L: (off camera) It was only eight days later, on the 13th of May. We were watching our flocks as usual, and had returned to our playfulness like before.

(The children shepherd the sheep, while playing. A flash of lightning interrupts.)

Lucia: Lightning! Let’s go home before we get soaked!

(The children run off and shepherd the sheep with them.)

Setting: The Cova da Iria

People:
Lucia
Francisco
Jacinta
Our Lady of Fatima

(They run, when they come across the holm-oak tree. Our Lady is standing on top of the tree. The children stop when they get to her.)

Our Lady: (always serious, always sad) Don’t be afraid. I will do you no harm.

Lucia: Where is Your Grace from?

Our Lady: I am from Heaven.

Lucia: What does Your Grace want from me?

Our Lady: I have come to ask you to come here for six months in succession, on the 13th day, at the same hour. Later on, I will tell you who I am and what I want. Afterwards, I will return yet a seventh time.

Lucia: Shall I go to Heaven, too?

Our Lady: Yes, you will.

Lucia: And Jacinta?

Our Lady: Her, too.

Lucia: And Francisco?

Our Lady: (Looks over at Francisco and does not answer right away.) Yes, but he will have to say many Rosaries.

Lucia: I have two friends who died recently. Is Maria das Neves in Heaven?

Our Lady: Yes, she is.

Lucia: And Amelia?

Our Lady: She will be in Purgatory until the end of time. (more intently) Are you willing to offer yourselves to God to bear all the sufferings He wants to send you, as an act of reparation for the sins by which He is offended, for the conversion of sinners?

Lucia: (looks at Fran. & Jacinta. Jacinta nods) Yes, we are willing.

Our Lady: You are then going to have much to suffer, but the grace of God will be your comfort.

(She opens her hands and a bright light emanates from her hands. The children kneel down at this.)

Children: (Three times, Lucia starting the first time) Oh Most Holy Trinity, I adore you. My God. My God, I love you in the Most Holy Sacrament.

Our Lady: (After they finish, closing her hands) Recite the Rosary to obtain peace for the world and the end of the war.

Lucia: Can you tell me whether the war will end soon?

Our Lady: I cannot tell you yet, as I have not yet told you what I want.

(Our Lady disappears. The children look up at the sky)

Sr. L: (offscreen) Then she began to rise serenely towards the East until she disappeared completely.

Francisco: Who was that?

Lucia: She said she’s from Heaven. She didn’t tell us who she was.

Jacinta: Francisco, we should tell Mom and Dad what we just saw!

Lucia: I don’t think so, because no one would believe us.

Francisco: She was ever so sad.

Jacinta: Then how will we repair the offenses Our poor Lord suffers?

Lucia: Don’t! Nobody will believe it, so don’t tell anyone.

Jacinta: Why can’t I tell anyone?

Lucia: Just find a way. They’ll only just laugh at us and find a way to stop us from coming here next month. You wouldn’t want that, would you?

Jacinta: Well… not really.

Lucia: Well, then, it’s settled.

(They walk away, tending their sheep)

Francisco: What did she say about me?

Lucia: Well, she…

Jacinta: You’re going to Heaven, but you have to say many Rosaries first.

Francisco: I’ll say as many as she wants. She was ever so sad.

No comments: